Rideau St.Lawrence Distribution now provides customers with two additional quick and easy ways to make bill payments by using your credit card (Visa OR MasterCard):
Note: A convenience fee of 2.5% will be charged by our 3rd party payment processor, Paymentus.
For more details, please reference our FAQ section below.
1. By web payment: Click on the Continue button below and you will be transferred to a secure web page powered by our bill payment partner, Paymentus.
- You will enter the payment information including your 10 digit RSL account number, credit card details and payment amount.
- You will also be asked to confirm to pay the convenience fee.
- Once all the information is entered, click on “Make Payment.”
- You will be provided with a confirmation number if the transaction is successful, and sent a confirmation email . Click here to continue to payment page: CONTINUE
2. By telephone payment: Dial 1-866-416-8091 and you will be linked to a secure automated telephone payment system, powered by our bill payment partner, Paymentus.
- You will enter the payment information including the account number, credit card details and payment amount.
- You will be prompted to confirm that you have agreed to pay a convenience fee.
- You will be provided with a confirmation number if the transaction is successful.
- How will my payment be confirmed?
- Why is a convenience fee required?
- How much will I be paying in convenience fees?
- Can you give me some payment examples?
- How can I get more information on credit card payments?
Payment by either method will be made known to Rideau St.Lawrence Distribution instantaneously therefore, if you wish, you may converse with Rideau St.Lawrence Distribution customer service staff immediately after making a payment. Call 613-925-3851 to do so.
There are several low or no-cost means to pay your bill at Rideau St.Lawrence Distribution. These include, pre-authorized payment, equal payment plan, telephone banking, internet banking, writing a cheque, placing a payment in our drop box or paying at our office during open office hours. Even so, many customers still prefer to pay by credit card. Credit card companies charge businesses like Rideau St.Lawrence Distribution a percentage of the payment for processing it. As a regulated utility, the entire amount of your payment is spoken for – some of the payment goes to the generators, some to the transmitters, some to the market operator and some for debt retirement. Less than 20% of your payment stays with Rideau St.Lawrence Distribution. Therefore, to be fair to all customers, we have to ensure that the users of the credit card service pay for the service.
Customers may make payments for transaction amounts up to $1,000.00 and a fee of 1.75% will be automatically calculated. For payment transaction amounts larger than $1,000.00, you will be required to repeat the transaction. The examples below will be illustrative.
If you wish to make a credit card payment of $245.25 click on the Continue button above or telephone 1-866-874-9599. You will be prompted to input your account number, credit card number along with the expiry date and the payment amount of $245.25. You will be asked to acknowledge that you agree to pay the convenience fee of $4.29 along with the payment. If you agree, your credit card will be charged $249.54 ($245.25 + $4.29). You will receive a confirmation number.
To summarize see the table below.
|Payment Amount||Convenience Fee Amount|
In each case, the convenience fee amount is automatically calculated.
For each successive payment amount greater than $1,000.00, additional transactions are required. Top
Please give us a call at:
|South Dundas Office:||613-543-4572|